Results from NHRA.COM:
LAS VEGAS - LAS VEGAS 1 - Notes from round 1 qualifying in Top Alcohol Funny Car at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag
Racing Series, Tenth annual NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals listing lane, driver name, elapsed time, top speed,
and position in order following run:
Left Lane: Brian Thiel Runs 5.759/222.03, Now #4
Right Lane: Mark Woznichak Runs 5.764/250.09, Now #6
Both drivers were shut off after the burnout, then they both were re-started after about 2 minutes. Thiel was skating
around early but he stayed on the throttle. There were no visible problems for "The Woz".
Brian Thiel's incremental times: 60ft-0.962 sec., 330ft-2.524, 660ft-3.753/201.31 mph, 1,000ft-4.809.
Mark Woznichak's incremental times: 60ft-0.988 sec., 330ft-2.564, 660ft-3.803/198.88 mph, 1,000ft-4.866.
LAS VEGAS - LAS VEGAS 1 - Notes from final, round 2 qualifying in Top Alcohol Funny Car:
Left Lane: Mark Woznichak Runs 5.756/250.92, Now #11
Best prior run: 5.764/250.09, Was #12
Right Lane: S. Gasparrelli Runs 5.765/252.00, Now #5
Best prior run: 5.691/253.14, Was #5
A decent looking pass for both drivers.
Mark Woznichak's incremental times: 60ft-1.014 sec., 330ft-2.578, 660ft-3.804/201.28 mph, 1,000ft-4.861.
Steve Gasparrelli's incremental times: 60ft-0.985 sec., 330ft-2.569, 660ft-3.814/199.85 mph, 1,000ft-4.872.
LAS VEGAS - SUMMIT FastNews - Final order after 2 rounds of qualifying in Top Alcohol Funny Car at the NHRA Full
Throttle Drag Racing Series, Tenth annual NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals:
Psn Driver Vehicle ET Speed
1. Tony Bartone Centre Pointe Collision Ford M 5.586 255.68
2. Sean O'Bannon Patron Tequila Monte Carlo 5.626 256.99
3. Roger Bateman DocsHoliday.com Mustang 5.628 254.09
4. Jay Payne Thunderslug/Valvoline Mustang 5.671 256.16
5. Steve Gasparrelli Gasparrelli Racing Mustang 5.691 253.14
6. Daniel Oliver Randy Goodwin Racing Monte Car 5.723 252.61
7. Clint Thompson Cascade Chevrolet Monte Carlo 5.728 251.86
8. Brian Thiel BT Racing Camaro 5.730 248.61
9. Dennis Taylor btosports.com Camaro 5.736 252.80
10. Doug Gordon Morro Bay Cabinets Monte Carlo 5.746 257.14
11. Mark Woznichak Rancho Framing/White Cap Camaro 5.756 250.92
12. Brian Smith Crainco - Lusac Oil Camaro 5.763 247.07
13. Leif Andreasson ESAB Stratus RT 5.791 243.85
14. John Patton Foolish Money Mustang 5.838 229.24
15. Brian Hough Olympus Trailers Monte Carlo 5.853 206.99
16. Jason Rupert Car Credit/Lucas Oil Camaro 5.911 240.12
--------- Not Qualified ---------
17. Ron August Jr Lescure Corporation Mustang 5.952 236.51
18. Keeter Ray Keeter Ray Racing Mustang 6.036 224.02
19. Mike Drake Barnett Transportation Avenger 6.258 233.44
20. Charles McLaws McLaws Racing Firebird 6.487 215.44
21. Paul Crifasi Super Slick 111/Bricker Gasket 7.074 210.93
22. Ken Webster Synoil Fluids Racing Monte Car 9.242 66.56
LAS VEGAS - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of round 1 eliminations in Top Alcohol Funny Car at the NHRA Full Throttle
Drag Racing Series, Tenth annual NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals:
W) Daniel Oliver (Randy Goodwin Racing Monte C 0.085 5.670 253.71
(L) Mark Woznichak (Rancho Framing/White Cap Ca 0.111 5.721 250.55
Woznichak was the top qualifier at this event in 2003 and he was runner up here in 2004.
A good looking side-by-side drag race! A career best speed and season's best ET for Oliver. This is his second
National Event round win.
Daniel Oliver's incremental times: 60ft-0.970 sec., 330ft-2.515, 660ft-3.738/201.82 mph, 1,000ft-4.784.
Mark Woznichak's incremental times: 60ft-0.974 sec., 330ft-2.542, 660ft-3.770/201.13 mph, 1,000ft-4.825.
SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals April 2-5 2009
Vegas Nationals. Friday which held the start of qualifying, ended up being a total blow class to
start their first qualifying round. Saturday, with clear skies and no wind in the forecast showed
good hope for the Rancho Framing team to put some low numbers on the board. The Gang knew
that Saturday would be a challenge and had their work cut out for them with only two qualifying
rounds followed by first round of eliminations. The first pass made by "The Woz", was a nice
5.764 at 250.09 mph against Brian Thiel and placed the Woz team solidly into the field. When the
team was doing the between round maintenance they discovered a main cap bolt had broke and
decided to change the where "The Woz" made an improving time of 5.756 at 250.92 mph which
placed the team in the number 11 position. First round was against Daniel Oliver, in the Randy
another improving time of 5.721 at 250.55 mph, but still wasn't good enough to beat Oliver's
career best ET of 5.670 at 253.71 mph. The Rancho Framing, Color by Woz team know they are
heading in the right direction with a consistent car to take to the Divisional race back here in
Vegas again next weekend. See You Soon!